Dartford Crossing Dartford Crossing

Clifton Suspension Bridge (B3129 Bristol)

There is only a concession available for this toll if you are someone with a BS postcode. And you receive one of the following benefits

·         Higher rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance

·         Enhanced rate Mobility Component Personal Independence Payment

To receive this discount, you must apply for a concessionary card with a £10 fee. This then allows unlimited crossings for 12 months.

You are able to get an application form from their website https://cliftonbridge.org.uk/crossing-the-bridge/concessions/  or call 0117 973 8008 or email office@cliftonbridge.org.uk



Humber Bridge (near Hull)

It is possible to receive a concession for Humber Bridge crossings by registering with them before. To be eligible for the concession you would need to be able to show you are in receipt of

·         Higher rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance

·         Enhanced rate Mobility Component Personal Independence Payment

You need to also show that your vehicle is registered in the Disabled Taxation class.

To take advantage of the concession the disabled person must be present and you have to be in the vehicle that was registered. You would need to use the open road toll lanes.

You can do this through their website and will need to supply the corresponding evidence to prove you are eligible. https://www.humberbridge.co.uk/humberbridge/toll-concessions/ 

01482 647161 or concessions@humberbridge.co.uk


M6 Motorway (Birmingham Toll)

If you have a disability or an organisation which transports people with disabilities, you may be eligible for an M6toll Mobility Exemption.

Exemption from the toll fee will be granted when a vehicle with a Mobility Exemption attached enters the toll plaza and the nominated disabled person is present in the vehicle. If assistance is required, customers should press the call for assistance button, CCTV is in operation to assist with verification.

Please note that the blue badge scheme does not differentiate between those who are entitled to exemption and those who are not. Please include evidence of the applicant receiving one of the below:

To qualify for a Mobility Exemption, the holder must be in receipt of one of the following and provide evidence when making an application:

  • A V5 Vehicle Registration Document showing the vehicle registration number and the road tax classification ‘Disabled’
  • A confirmation letter to claim vehicle road tax classification status of ‘Disabled’ and vehicle registration number under a Motability Vehicle Lease Agreement
  • War pensioner mobility supplement
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment.
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) by virtue of entitlement to the Mobility Component at the Higher Rate.
  • Is in receipt of disability assistance for children and young people by virtue of entitlement to the Mobility Component at the Higher Rate.
  • Personal Independent payment (PIP) by virtue of entitlement to the Mobility Component at the Enhanced Rate.

For the application form and for further information visit https://www.m6toll.co.uk/pricing/  or call 0330 660 0790 or email customer.services@m6toll.co.uk


Itchen Bridge (A3025 Woolston-Southampton)

You are able to apply for a Smartcities card which allows you to travel across the bridge. You will need to apply using the application form and selecting the option you would like the concessions for. You will need to provide evidence you are receiving:

·         Higher rate mobility component of DLA

·         PIP for receiving 8 points or more in the moving around section.

·         Armed Forces Mobility supplement

·         Photocopy of both sides of your Blue Badge

You can find the application form and process at https://www.southampton.gov.uk/travel-transport/apply-pay/itchen-bridge/smartcities/ travel-disabled/ and for any other enquiries call 023 8083 3008 or email smartcities@southampton.gov.uk


Dartford - Thurrock River Crossing (River Thames - A282/M25 Junction 1a)

You are able to use the crossing free of charge if the vehicle you are travelling in is Vehicle Exercise Duty (VED) exempt in the disabled tax class. This does not include the 50% reduction as the car will still be in the private tax class. This is picked up using the cameras and you do not need to register.

You will not be exempt if:

  • You have a Blue Badge but no VED exemption.
  • You are travelling in a vehicle that is not exempt even if you have a disability.

For more information you can visit https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge/charges-fines or call 0300 300 0120.


Tyne Tunnel (near Newcastle)

It is possible to get an exemption for using the Tyne Tunnel if you are a Blue Badge holder or if your vehicle is registered in the Disabled Tax Class.

You can apply using the application forms found at https://www.tt2.co.uk/apply-for-a-toll-exemption-account/  or by post using the downloadable forms found at https://www.tt2.co.uk/exemption-accounts-apply-by-post/  

If this is not possible for you then you are able contact them on 0191 574 0031 or by email tt2limited@tt2.co.uk


Tamar Bridge (A38 Plymouth-Liskeard) and Torpoint Ferry (A374 Plymouth-Torpoint)

To be eligible for the concession you must receive:

·         Higher level mobility component DLA

·         Enhanced rate mobility component PIP

·         War pensioners mobility supplement

·         Registered Blind

·         Car is registered in the Disabled taxation class

The application form is available on their website https://www.tamarcrossings.org.uk/prices/mobility-scheme/  or you can contact them over the phone 01752 812233 or via email enquiries@tamarcrossings.org.uk .


Mersey Tunnel (Liverpool-Wirral)

You can be eligible for the concessionary travel scheme if you have the Blue Badge and:

·         Receive the higher rate mobility component of DLA

·         Receive the Enhanced rate mobility component of PIP

·         You are over 65 and receive the higher rate of Attendance Allowance

·         Receive the mobility supplement of a war pension.

You can apply using their form which can be found online at https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/ tunnels/concessionary-travel-scheme/  or you can call 0151 330 1004 or alternatively email tflow@liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk for other methods of applying

You will be issued with a number of free trips a year depending on where you live.

·         In the local authority boundaries of Liverpool, Wirral, Sefton, Knowsley or St Helens you will receive 200

·         Outside of these 40


Whitchurch Bridge (B471 Pangbourne-Whitchurch)

The company allows free crossings for customers if they receive:

  • Higher rate mobility component of DLA
  • Enhanced rate mobility component of PIP
  • War pensioner’s mobility supplement
  • Their vehicle is registered in the disabled taxation class

You will need to pre-register with them using the registration form found on their website whitchurchbridge.com/DisabledBridgeCard2.pdf or if you are not able to access this you can pick up a form from the toll collectors. You will need to send this back with the appropriate evidence requested on the form along with a cheque for £10 as a returnable deposit for the bridge card.

On their website it says “The Company reserves the right to restrict this concession to disabled persons with a local address who need to use the Bridge on a regular basis.  A disabled person's "free" Bridge Card may only be used when the nominated disabled person is in the vehicle”.